How's your iphone4 looking?

mattpreston11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
So how's everyones iPhones looking now they have used them for a few weeks?mainly the people who don't use cases. I got mine on Saturday and except for a few fingerprints it looks fine.

Hopefully it won't start looking battered like the 3g/3gs

Focker

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
So far so good. I don't use a case, but it is wrapped in an IS. I haven't dropped it yet either *knocks on wood*.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
The glass on the front and back are fine, but the metal band isscratched from the freaking bumper. I use a case 50% of the time, no longer using the bumper.

BlondeBuddhist

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2010
Mine looks great. I have been using a Belkin Vue Grip case. Just recently I put on a rubber bumper'esque case from Hong Kong. It cost $3.00.

I have heard the Apple Bumper scratched some phones, however this knockoff is much softer than Apple's. It's white and looks great. However I wouldn't trust it as much as I do the Belkin wrap around.

Blonde Buddhist

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
No case and lookin sharp. Admittedly, whenever I buy something new I'm super careful with it for the first few months then stop caring so much.
Same for me. I've bought quite a few different skins,luckylabs and screen protectors and not used a case. No scratches anywhere yet :)

Tito Georgie

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2010
New York
Hair scratches on back glass but i really don't care because you can't tell unless i look at the phone sideways on the sun lol

MacJones

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Arizona
I thought you were all crazy until I took my iPhone 4 out of my pocket a minute ago and there was a little swirl scratch on the back glass, I have no idea how it got there between when I first looked at this thread until now because all I did was put it back in my pocket after I checked, but it makes me mad that it scratches that easily. This thing was brand new on Saturday afternoon and already has a scratch. :mad: Maybe I'll ghostarmor it and put on an Apple bumper.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
Mine is looking great. I was using a bumper for a while until my mom purchased one without the case. I gave her mine since I knew she wouldn't be as careful with it as I was.

I still have mine with an Invisible Shield, so it's not completely naked while I wait for my free case. I'm just afraid of dropping it now.

Chunkycat

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2010
Mine was in a Bodyglove case for the first 2 weeks, then I dressed it up in Lucky Labs wraps and dry Zagg IS for the back (the front got screwed up when I was installing it :eek:) and now it's wearing the same wrap and PS crystal front and back protectors.
The fingerprints are irritating. But no scratches or anything. I'm babying it of course, but I always do with all my things. OCD, probably. :D

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
I don't know how people can manage without a case. I drop things just looking at them. Since I've got mine in an Otterbox defender, I'll let you guess as to how it's doing.

Focker

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
I don't know how people can manage without a case. I drop things just looking at them. Since I've got mine in an Otterbox defender, I'll let you guess as to how it's doing.
Otterbox cases are the untimate cases for protection, but are so damn bulky. Guess that's why they're so good though.

iMaconApple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Sunny Diego
got mine yesterday at my ATT store...will be returning it in couple of days...signal issues is killing me..:mad::apple: back to my 3GS...i hope apple does something..bumper case/case wont come till like 3/5 weeks..love the iphone 4 but signal is not doing me good and my 3G in my area is fast...something about end of september jobs said ''maybe will have something else''.oh well just going to enjoy it for a couple more days or so then back to the ATT/Apple store..
looking sexy...

iMaconApple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Sunny Diego
Where did you get the caution sticker? That's funny.
got that from my work..i work with electronics so i grab a anti static ESD sticker cut out the caution then wham works well for the signal problem...will be enjoying the iphone 4 for just a bit then will return it..

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
got mine yesterday at my ATT store...will be returning it in couple of days...signal issues is killing me..:mad::apple: back to my 3GS...i hope apple does something..bumper case/case wont come till like 3/5 weeks..love the iphone 4 but signal is not doing me good and my 3G in my area is fast...something about end of september jobs said ''maybe will have something else''.oh well just going to enjoy it for a couple more days or so then back to the ATT/Apple store..
looking sexy...
Wait.. what's wrong with the signal? You've obviously covered up the weak spot, so there is actually no issue then.

WhiteTPain

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
Just a few small scratches on back and a couple on front that aren't visible with display on.

orange42

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
Got a screen protector on front and back, and just started using my free bumper. It's in fine condition. No drops yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.