How's Your iSkin Revo Doing?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MM07, Feb 10, 2008.

1. MM07 macrumors 6502a

I got my case in August. I replaced my incase due to the scratches of the bezel.

Anyway, I noticed that my case is starting to split on the bottom part that covers the home button. The splits are on each side of the case. I take the case off maybe every other week to clean, etc...

When I take the case off I remove the top first, then pull the phone out, being careful the whole time.

Just thought I'd ask.

2. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I bought an iSkin Revo after seeing a review that praised the case. They said it wouldn't pick up lint, it would slide in and out of the pocket easily and that it fit the phone perfectly. Not only did mine not fit the phone perfectly, it picked up quite a bit of dust and lint and it did not slide in and out of the pocket easily. After using it for about a two weeks I couldn't take it anymore and bought a different case, so I never really got to experience how well it held up over time.

It sounds like the problem you are having is because of the size. The case is purposely smaller in order to make the phone fit snugly into the case, but in my opinion, they made the case just a little too small. It sounds like the tearing you are experiencing is just from being stretched out over and over. Even if you are careful, the case is still being stretched when put on and once on it is still being stretched by the phone after it is on. That is another reason I now stay away from silicon cases. Maybe write them and tell them your problem. They might be nice and replace it or at least give you a discount on buying another one. Good luck.

3. DavoMrMac macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

No splits, but it does pick up a lot of dust and lint. Guess that is the downside of rubber.

4. Juvenile macrumors member

Same Here

Mine is tearing at the same place as yours. I will probably rip off the bottom half and keep using it. To grade the product fairly, I remove the case daily to remove the sim card for tethering, so I'm pretty tough on it. I would/will buy the same case again. I bought the case day one of release ~Aug1_07

5. BlckChns macrumors newbie

My case is holding up pretty well, though it is starting to tear a bit towards the top. It's been well worh it though. I've dropped my phone dozens of times. On the street, down the stairs, and not a scratch on my phone. :D

6. demiurgical macrumors member

got mine since it was available for purchase. no tear, works great, love it and continue to recommend it to others :)

dropped my iPhone a few times and the iSkin Revo protected it every time, no damage to the phone at all :D

~.

7. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

Has anyone using this case had the chrome around the phone get scratched up after having this case on? I know to stay away from the incase because of this so I'm wondering if this case is doing it as well. Thanks.

8. solidgoldmini macrumors regular

I've had my Revo since they were released. I'm a bit embarrassed to say but I only occasionally remove it to clean it, so I don't have any tearing which I would imagine would be made worse by constant removing/replacing. I did have a problem with a past case from iSkin, and their customer service was pretty helpful, but I'm not sure about the tearing problem. I do still think it's the best choice amongst a lot of choices in cases.