How's your sport band holding up?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Jeremy12345, May 5, 2016.

1. Jeremy12345 macrumors regular

how's your sport band holding up ?
    Eg: discolouration

2. mfram macrumors 65816

The Sport band has been great for me. I have 6 different colors. None of them are showing any color issues. And they wipe clean with a little water. Comfortable, too.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My sports band are doing wonderfully well. No complaints at all.

4. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

5. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

I've had my blue Sports band and aluminum Sport for about 10 months now and both the watch and the blue band still look new. I don't wear the blue sport band as much as I wear my other two bands, but when I do it's usually because I know I will be getting sweaty. I wear it a lot for bike rides where it gets sweaty and dusty. I also wear it sometimes just because I do like the look and feel of it, but I probably wear my third party brown leather band or my third party leather loop most of the time.

I have read about some peeling issues with the black sports band, but fortunately I haven't had any problems with the blue one. I like it quite a lot. I would also like to try one of Apple's new nylon bands.

Sean

6. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

Mine looks good. Had it since August of last year. It's the only strap I have (so far).
    [​IMG]

7. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

Midnight blue...good as new...5 months old I believe.

8. choreographics, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016

choreographics macrumors regular

choreographics

Most of them are, well, "good as new"—even after more than 12 months. No issues with color or shape.

The only thing I noticed—and only because I bought a new one few days ago—is that, the material feels a little different. Don't get it wrong, it's still great and comfortable, but not that soft and extraordinary as on the first day right out of the box. Not sure how to describe it, its like the surface gets a little rougher through time, but that's something happens with daily use. Nothing to complain about, and I observed the same phenomenon with iPad's cover and silicon case.

9. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

Mine is doing well! After a weird moment in time where the Black Sports Band was shedding like it had a sunburn... I rubbed is shedding off and it has been normal ever since. It really was odd, like a snake shedding its skin when it were time.

10. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

My black sports band was chaffing like it had a rash, so I wiped it down with some flushable wipes. Hopefully that weird texture feeling my band has goes away soon too.

11. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Black sport band from day 1 still looks pretty much brand new. Minimal wear marks where the band loops in on itself. Wife's day 1 white sport band also basically brand new. No discoloration.

12. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

White, midnight blue, Product Red, stone--all look and feel great. No discoloration or other issues. I just wipe it down with a damp paper towel when I go to charge my watch at night. No other care required.

13. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

my black sport band is over a year old and it's fine.

14. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

The coating on the sports bands is awful. I guess most people aren't that astute to notice it wearing away very fast with normal use. It is on every color. The problem is, once it wears off through normal use or if you go ahead and rub it off with your fingers, the band loses its smooth silky feeling and becomes more rubbery in texture. For me, that was a problem because after it wore off when I moved my wrist up and down, the two straps would rub together creating a strange feeling like rubber catching on rubber. It's very annoying, but I am not sure if it is only noticeable if you have the band set to my specific size adjustment, or if it affects all sizes. Because of this the sports bands were not a good option for me when I had my Apple Watch. It's really a shame because out of the box, the band is amazing. Apple has never been good with coatings. I just returned my iPad silicone case a couple of months ago because its coating was wearing off quickly with normal use, making the texture and appearance unpleasant. A number of Apple products have had issues with coatings over the years. You would think they would have the money to figure out a better solution.

15. Nightrich macrumors regular

Nightrich

I've not had any problems with my OEM black sport band. I've heard of them peeling but I haven't had any issues like that myself.

16. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

I'll add that I rinse mine off almost every night. Maybe it keeps from getting nasty this way.

17. speedyyellow macrumors member

My wife's white sport band has pretty serious blue staining on it which doesn't seem to come off with a damp cloth. It's bad enough that she doesn't use it anymore.

18. ftlum macrumors regular

White still looks great. Black shows a little scuffing where the band rubs against itself, though this is not visible when you're just wearing it normally.

19. srshaw macrumors 6502

I have a black and white, I got the black last April and the White a month or so later, both look fine. To be fair with the black there are rub marks, but aren't visible when wearing it.

20. naasrd macrumors 6502

naasrd

Been holding up pretty well, picked up a knockoff Milanese loop on eBay just for a change, must say it looks fab so will stay with that for a while.

21. john991 macrumors 6502a

Same with my white sports band. (Blue staining that doesn't seem to come off either)

I have the product red band and no problem
    With this one. I wonder if the original white didn't stand up to much for wear and tear?

22. broadbean macrumors 6502a

I suppose the more bands you have, the less time you'd spend wearing each particular band. In addition to four other bands, I have the green Sport Band from launch day, and an orange one shortly after that colour came out. I had been waiting for the yellow one but I think I've given up and will just get an el cheapo.

Both Apple's green and orange Sport Bands have held up very well. I even used to swim with the green one. It's also felt a little softer now, but not sure if it's stretched.

They also used to be my lightest bands, until the new Woven Nylon.

23. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Mine all look great, but TBH I have so many bands that no single one accumulates much wear. But I've never noticed staining or anything else on any of them (I have the Apple white, light pink, turquoise, mint, lilac, stone, green, vintage rose, and antique white sport bands). They all look and feel identical to the day I got them.

24. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I have the lavender sports band that came with my rose gold watch and it looks terrible! I wear it every day because it is my only band and it's stained blue all over. I have tried cleaning it but nothing works.