Howto copy Files from Leopard to Tiger please Help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 12AX7EH, Mar 28, 2008.

1. 12AX7EH macrumors newbie

12AX7EH

Hi

i have a big problem and i hope some of you are able to help me.
    I have 1000 files on Leopard but i can not copy them over network to my "Tigercube" because i used the new filesystem feature in Leopard (i gues it´s called case sensitivity).
    Is there a way or a program so i could make all the filenames Tiger filesystem compatible all at once?

Thank you.

2. Matek macrumors 6502a

I don't think the filesystem is to blame. After all - I can store files to my Windows machines using NTFS, although OS X doesn't support that filesystem :D.

Once files hit the network, the filesystem doesn't matter anymore. Anyway, what kind of error are you getting, exactly?

3. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

likely a permissions error

OP, rather than waste time with a network transfer, boot the Cube into Target disc mode and just drage and drop onto your Leopard machine

4. 12AX7EH thread starter macrumors newbie

12AX7EH

Well i get the same Error if i try to copy thise files to an usb stick, its in german but it basically means that at the destination is already the same file and the only difference is capitalization, but it cant be because there are no files on usb stick at all.

EDIT: Well i solved the problem, it was not a nice way to do it but i solved it. I just removed that one file in question (Mathe2vorlesung.aux) since i dont need that file, and now is all well. Thank you anyway :)

Attached Files: