howto (what tool to) pixilate/censor a video clip?

Quotenfrau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Hi

howto (what tool to) pixilate/censor a video clip? Like on TV.

Can't afford Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and similar priced tool :mad:

Nov 28, 2010
located
Hi

howto (what tool to) pixilate/censor a video clip? Like on TV.

Can't afford Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and similar priced tool :mad:
What tools do you have at your disposal? You could always use the 30 day trials of Adobe Premiere Pro or After Effects if it is a one time thing, AE would be the better choice in my eyes.

Quotenfrau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
What tools do you have at your disposal? You could always use the 30 day trials of Adobe Premiere Pro or After Effects if it is a one time thing, AE would be the better choice in my eyes.
i use iMovie, MPEG Streamclip and various Open Source CLI tools for video editing. I can't use trials, because I need to do it regular.

I can afford paying 40$

Last edited by a moderator:

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
i use iMovie, MPEG Streamclip and various Open Source CLI tools for video editing. I can't use trials, because I need to do it regular.

I can afford paying 40$
won't work in iMovie. You need Apples Motion for $49.99 in the Appstore. It does exactly what you need, there are tons of easy tutorial on the web and pixelating a face in a video should be easy to learn in a few hours. Learning all of what motion can do takes of course very long but simple overlays, moving text, pixelating faces is relatively easy to learn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quotenfrau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
thank you andiwm2003. Apples Motion is not for consumer. It looks complicated and at the moment I don't have so much time.

Maybe later I will learn.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.