Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
I use similair drivers (or the same, don't know anymore) to print on my postscript 1 Apple Personal Laserwriter, it's still a great printer for text and I only need to print something 2-3 times a year at home.

Mr.Texor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
ok, I installed all 3 packages in that page I linked.. (foo2zjs, Foomatic-RIP, and espgs-7.07.1.ppc.dmg) and.. I can testify that I can finally print with my hp 1020.. yay!

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
For the record -- in case anyone searches up HP 1020 and feels utterly confused -- you can use the HP 1022 OS X driver (rather than a linux package) to get your 1020 to print.

Good resources can be found here and here.

Glad yours is working in any case, Mr. Texor.

Mr.Texor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
I tried the drivers you linked, and they dont work on my computer. It also seems that many people have problems with them.

Said that, the link I takes you to apage with drivers made for mac os x, not linux. I repeat, they are for os X not linux.

they are just the same open source drivers that linux uses. After all, both linux and mac os x uses cups as the printing system.

edit:It also supports other printers that might or might not work on osx
* Generic GDI Printer
* Generic ZjStream Printer
* HP Color LaserJet 1600
* HP Color LaserJet 2600n
* HP LaserJet 1000
* HP LaserJet 1005
* HP LaserJet 1018
* HP LaserJet 1020
* HP LaserJet 1022
* HP LaserJet M1005 MFP
* KONICA MINOLTA magicolor 2300 DL
* KONICA MINOLTA magicolor 2430 DL
* Minolta Color PageWorks/Pro L
* Minolta magicolor 2200 DL
* Minolta magicolor 2300 DL
* Minolta magicolor 2430 DL
* KONICA MINOLTA magicolor 2490 MF
* KONICA MINOLTA magicolor 2530 DL
* Samsung CLP-300
* Samsung CLP-600
* Samsung CLX-3160
* Xerox Phaser 6110
* Xerox Phaser 6110MFP

Ying, Chung

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2007
ok, I installed all 3 packages in that page I linked.. (foo2zjs, Foomatic-RIP, and espgs-7.07.1.ppc.dmg) and.. I can testify that I can finally print with my hp 1020.. yay!

i have a intel imac. i installed all 3 packages. i reboot it, and i was able to add the new driver, but the printer still won't print.

when i click print, a printer icon that says "HP LaserJet 1020" will show up in the dock area. when i click on it, there is nothing under "active" tab, and under the "completed" tab, it'll show the print job and list it as "finished". but the printer never even made a sound.

what could be the problem?

thanks.

soho2014

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2007
i have a intel imac. i installed all 3 packages. i reboot it, and i was able to add the new driver, but the printer still won't print.

when i click print, a printer icon that says "HP LaserJet 1020" will show up in the dock area. when i click on it, there is nothing under "active" tab, and under the "completed" tab, it'll show the print job and list it as "finished". but the printer never even made a sound.

what could be the problem?

thanks.

I had the same problem, and I fixed the problem as such.

Make sure that you delete all the HP stuff first in the library.
Make sure that your printer is off.
Then install the printer software.
Then turn your printer on.
Now, add it in the printer util. of the system software.
Enjoy, because now it should work.

The problem is in having your printer attached and on when you install the software.

mentopolis

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2008
There is another advantage of the foomatic driver:
With the HP Laserjet 1022 driver for me it was impossible to print Postscript-Opentype-Fonts (on a LJ 1020). With the foomatic driver it works fine. Just wanted to let you know.

cheers, jan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.