Hp 2159m or 20" ACD?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by adamvk, Jun 9, 2009.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

Which would you rather buy and why? I want to buy a monitor this summer and I'm considering both.

Also with an external monitor, would the Macbook Pro stay cooler in clamshell mode, or open with an mStand?

Thanks.

2. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

3. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

I have 2 x 20" Apple Displays, personally I like them, they are great monitors, but you have to keep in mind that they are aging, and are pretty expensive for what you get, on the other hand, they match your Mac's great! :D Personally when I upgrade, I'll be moving to Dell monitors with better panels for less money, but that's just me. The Apple monitor is a good monitor, but it's rapidly aging and there are a lot of monitor for half the price that have better components.

Hope this helps,
    Andrew

Also forgot to address the mStand thing, I have one and when I used it, it kept the air circulating around the MBP pretty good, they are nice, plus if you want to keep you MBP open it brings it to the height of the monitor, if you're interested I don't use mine anymore! :)

4. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

get the HP and spend the extra money on an SSD or other things. The screen is crisp, bright, and overall outstanding quality for the price. LOVE my 23", it looks great, and is designed almost identical to the 24 inch ACD (which apple actually copied from HP!)

5. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

6. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

What are you going to do? :cool:

7. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

I'm gonna get the HP 2159m and an MStand.

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

thats a good choice, i have the same display too
    but my mbp get a lot hotter in clamshell mode even with a zalman 2 fan aluminium coolor

9. Farseen macrumors newbie

Don't get the HP. I have an HP2159m and it wont work with my retina 2013. I can confirm the monitor / cables / converters work on other computers.

10. nfable macrumors regular

nfable

Do mStand, don't do HP display...

Consider the offerings from BH Video on their used stuff. I've purchased DSLR, lenses, and a dope Dell display from them and the quality is fantastic for 'condition 8+' items. You won't save oodles, but there are savings indeed to be had. See what's in your range for your needs and $, then Google up some reviews.

Used displays c/o B&H Video

enjoy,
    nf