HP 6500 Won't Print from Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Wakh, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Wakh macrumors newbie

OK, nothing is ever easy. I have a Mac Mini, about 2-3 years old (OSX 10.4.11). I had been using an old HP6110 Officejet as a printer - updated drivers and it worked great.

It finally died. It was a good ol' gal.

I bought a HP Officejet 6500. Thought set up would be simple. I set it up, and I cannot get it to print, say, an email from my Mac. I get this "triple' beep sound coming from the HP when I hit 'Print" The computer screen shows the "bar progress" (best I could describe) of the page(s), but then no print and I go in and no print jobs are shown.

I used the old cables (except power cord) from the old printer, as it all worked well with these for years.

The Mac recognizes the computer, and apparently the computer sees the Mac since it beeps when I try to print. I haven't a clue what this means.

I suppose I should go online and find the da*& manual for the HP, but thought I'd run it by all of you here first.

This should be cut and dried simple! What could be wrong?) Thanks!

2. strben macrumors newbie

3. Wakh thread starter macrumors newbie

I somehow figured it out, wish I could tell you what I did, but I am computer-challenged and forgetful. I wish I could help...

In the end. I recall it was pretty simple