HP 9250 Digital Sender on a Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Baenen, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Baenen macrumors newbie

I purchased an HP 9250c Digital Sender (scanner that sends to an email) on ebay (no returns) for $2,000 based on a HP website spec that it is "Mac Compatible: Yes". It is server based, and it appears that the server must be Windows based. The tech people were unable to say what part is "Mac Compatible", and that basically I had to set up a Windows server to use it. I could probably set up a Mac Server, but Windows is out of my league (and interest). Any know if the Mac server will work - does anyone have any experience with the HP 9250 Digital Scanner on a Mac?

Thanks!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I own a 9230. I didn't get the software with it but I do know i'll need to run it on windows server. From all of my research I believe that the server side is windows only if you want to scan to network folders. If you just want to manage the ADL and such then it does work on a Mac. I need to buy the software to alter some settings on mine, but for now it scans to email just fine.

I hope that helps but if not lemme know. Maybe we can figure these out together. I need go call HP and get the software, I'm hoping it's not pricey.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

So I gather that you have not bothered to check HP's website for assistance with your digital sender?

4. Baenen thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried navigating HP's site and spoke with several support people. HP has a firmware update for the Mac (which I installed), but that didn't get me anywhere, the tech people were not helpful nor did they seem particularly well informed, I searched their forums (nothing posted) and posted my own thread (no responses).

Thanks.

5. Baenen thread starter macrumors newbie

I spent a day navigating HP's site and spoke with several support people. HP has a firmware update for the Mac (which I installed), but that didn't get me anywhere, the tech people were not helpful nor did they seem particularly well informed, I searched their forums (nothing posted) and posted my own thread (no responses).

Thanks.