Hp All-in-one & Mac OS X Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 7302473, Oct 28, 2007.

1. 7302473 Suspended

Well I finally got my copy of Leopard and it is amazing but has anyone else ran into issues when installing their Hp all-in-ones?

The installer appears to work but nothing actually gets copied to the HD? It is odd....

I have a Photosmart C5100 series all-in-one, CD Version 7.8.0

Anyone else having issues?
    - Barret

2. Deej macrumors regular

I need to get my Photosmart 3310 going - I'll try it in a moment and see how it goes! :)

3. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

my HP not all in one works if thats any help. Try running software update with it plugged in, printer drivers come through software update now. I've got a D5160, and it works fine, and its direct to CD print works fine, and selecting between the two paper trays works fine.

4. Jstarko0329 macrumors newbie

My HP Photosmart C4280 has the same problem. The software successfully installs, but not everything is there. We'll just have to wait for an update from HP I suppose.

It works fine as a printer though, just without the scanning functions

5. Deej macrumors regular

Right I've downloaded the 170Mb installer from HP, and it's .. erm.. buggy.

The installer runs, and then crashes right at the last minute. However, everything seems to install OK.

Then, if I try to scan something, the scanning app crashes. But the second time I tried it, it worked OK.

As Jstarko0329 said, hopefully it's just a case of waiting for HP to sort their drivers out...

6. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

same issue with my canon mp600 but, image capture will scan from it.

7. football751 macrumors newbie

HP C6150 Issues

So, Leopard found my printer through the wireless and installed the right driver, says it is Inkjet 1.3.1. All of the print functions are there, but I can't install the HP All-In-One drivers, so I can't scan. I click to install, and it asks if I want to be a part of the customer participation thing, and no matter if I click yes or no it doesn't go anywhere. It doesn't crash, it just doesn't do anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Brandon

8. 7302473 thread starter Suspended

So I just looked on hp's site and they randomly have new drivers? (Don't know how new they are but they are newer then my discs)

And everything seems to work fine :D

9. dreamsINdigital macrumors 6502

So Leopard will only install drivers for printing even if you have an All-In-One? No scanning software or utilities for cleaning and checking ink levels?

10. 7302473 thread starter Suspended

that's what mine was doing with the drivers on the disk. I had to download the drivers off the Hp site for it to work.

I can scan, transfer, view ink levels and everything off my networked Hp C5180

11. illuminous macrumors member

I have PSC 1315 all in one. It recognised it fine. But to my disappointment I still can't double side print. What the hell is going on? Can anyone help?

12. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

If you go to Print & Fax and select the printer, then click Options & Supplies and the Driver tab there may be an option to say the duplexer is installed (there is for my AIO) which you have to check.

13. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

My FOUR YEAR OLD hp psc 1210xi all-in-one plays nice with Leopard! AMAZING I must say. :)

14. ginsbacht macrumors newbie

Same thing

I have a Photosmart 4280 that worked BEAUTIFULLY under Tiger. Under Leo it is just a printer, no scanning at all.
    Hope they fix it soon.

15. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Try this: Delete installed OS hp printer drivers and install the drivers from CD... because that's worked under tiger ..

Haven't tried that under leopard since i have leopard yet .. it's worth a shot .. :eek:

16. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

HP drivers

I think I read a press statement that HP was not going to have drivers on the Leopard CD, that you would download only what you needed if needed; in terms of drivers. You may need to visit the HP site for your printer and download any other side programs... good luck...

17. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

what i meant by cd is the HP install driver CD inside of the info pack that came with the printer.. sorry for the confusion :eek:

18. danny_w macrumors 601

I have an HP C7280 AIO installed on 2 Macs at home using wireless printing and everything seems to be working fine. I haven't tried other functions, but I know it installed a printer and a fax, and the utility software. I don't know if you can scan wirelessly, since I don't ever expect to use that function anyway. However, the last HP AOI that I had (Officejet 5150) worked great for scanning both with their utility and with Preview. BTW, the C7280 is an awesome printer!

19. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a