macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
512ke said:
Please can somebody who knows if this is serious or not comment?

The report makes the Macbook Pro's sound toxic to use (at least to the chemically uninformed like me).

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/news/hp-apple-toxic-laptops180906

Is this serious? In keeping with other industrial products? Time for a bluetooth keyboard? Or is that full of chemicals, too? :O

Here's the full report:

http://www.greenpeace.org/raw/content/international/press/reports/toxic-chemicals-in-computers.pdf
It's true.

But it is only really harmful to the environment, where the computers end up after being disgarded.

Just be sure to dispose of your computer accordingly, when you are done with it.

I wouldn't worry about it from a user standpoint, but we should all be aware on the effects on the environment we are causing by using all this tech gadgetry.

Rich.

XP Defector

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
fatsoforgotso said:
It's true.

But it is only really harmful to the environment, where the computers end up after being disgarded.

Just be sure to dispose of your computer accordingly, when you are done with it.

I wouldn't worry about it from a user standpoint, but we should all be aware on the effects on the environment we are causing by using all this tech gadgetry.

Rich.
We are and we just don't care lol.

lewion

macrumors regular
May 31, 2006
Sydney
XP Defector said:
We are and we just don't care lol.
Stupid you! how dare you laugh at nature.. i can't believe it... we are using it and we are aware. There is just nothing we can do about it right now ... omg !

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
GAA!!!!!! Can we please stat insta-banning people that bring up Greenpeace? How many times can it show up?

Once again, it was on the front page forever and a day ago.

512ke

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
Front page? I searched this forum and found no mention of it before I posted.

Thanks for the helpful feedback, fatsoforgotso.

nbs2, thanks for your inane fascist suggestion and your cartoony sarcasm.

(GAA!!!!! yourself)

lewion

macrumors regular
May 31, 2006
Sydney
nbs2 said:
GAA!!!!!! Can we please stat insta-banning people that bring up Greenpeace? How many times can it show up?

Once again, it was on the front page forever and a day ago.
why is greenpeace bad? i like it. And i like apple :) it's just having two worlds :) eventually apple and greenpeace will become friends :)

mdntcallr

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2000
well, they arent any worse than other computers.

the real thing is to make sure your electronic devices end up in recycling bins instead of trash cans.