HP Business Inkjet 2800 only prints blue/greyish box

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by c-Row, Feb 6, 2008.

1. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

We got ourselves a new HP Business Inkjet 2800 at the office which I got to install. All seems fine, the printer is correctly listed, and previews look good to me, until I eventually start printing.

All I get from the printer is a blue/greyish box, no matter whether I print text or images (which only results in a larger box). I tried both the drivers from the included CD as well as the latest drivers from the HP homepage.

It's a Mac Pro 2x2 GHz Dual Core Xeon running 10.4.8, if that helps.

:confused:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

3. c-Row thread starter macrumors 65816

c-Row

No, since both the printer and the catridge are new. Also, the box he prints is far larger than the text would have turned out.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What does that have to do with anything?
    Could you clarify?

5. c-Row thread starter macrumors 65816

c-Row

That means we don't have spare catridges yet. ;)

I think if it was a problem with the catridge itself, the grey box would be the same size as the text I am trying to get printed, but the box is far larger than anything that should come out of the printer. A small three word sentence suddenly transforms into half a page of coloured nothingness.

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Inkjet printers are simply an excuse to sell ink cartridges. You may as well get used to buying them--starting now.

Which is the application?
    What is the the background behind the text?

7. c-Row thread starter macrumors 65816

c-Row

TextEdit for text, Preview for images. The background in TextEdit is the standard white. I will try and hook up the printer to my MBP today to check whether it is a problem with the printer/it's drivers, or the Mac Pro itself.

8. gutech macrumors newbie

same here-

We have the same problem. We eliminated the printer as an issue immediately by printing from Vista using Adobe CS3 with no problems. We initially were printing over the network from our iMac 10.4.8 machines to the HP 2800 with no problems. We aren't sure when it started (we don't get called with problems right away), but for the past few weeks we are having this blue/gray problem from all applications on the iMac. We now are just trying to get it to work being locally connected via USB. We are running 10.4.10 now and the current drivers from HP but still have the same problem. -I'll post something when we make some progress

9. mhagen macrumors newbie

Did anyone find a fix for this problem? we are having the same issues also with Mac OS X 10.4.11

10. sazzle macrumors newbie

We had the same problem with 2 Macs using Mac OS X.4. Eventually we sorted it by turning on AppleTalk and selecting the AppleTalk printer instead of the Bonjour printer.