HP C4580 Help Please!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Coletrain17, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Coletrain17 macrumors member

So I got this printer all hooked up and ready to go and thats just about as far as I got. The machine is completely un-responsive. The power button is a solid green, yet when you push it nothing happens. The display screen on the printer itself just says, "Thank you for choosing HP!" And i swear to god this message makes me want to punch a baby. I've tried unplugging, taking out the ink, the paper, rebooting my computer, disconnecting from computer, and just about everything you can think of. Every time I unplug the damn thing I just get that damn thank you message. It is almost as if it were frozen here.

Another thing that completely sucks is that the machine is "off" so when I run the setup assistant, I can't go past a certain step because the thing is off, therefore not connectable.

Please help me, you would save me a lot of time and frustration. This printer is driving me nuts and this thank you message is killing me. Thanks for all the help

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

When you got the HP printer they should have a CD that comes with it. Did you install that dvd on your Mac?

3. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

What are you trying to do? If you want to print something, you have to execute a print command on you Mac. It would do things without direction either from your Mac or from one of the function buttons on the printer, which you didn't say you pressed.

The HP website has a lot of information/troubleshooting that can probably answer your questions if you don't get what you need here. HP is a good printer; I have one similar to yours and it works great (not trying to rub it in). Good luck.