HP Duplexer/Two-Sided Printing in 10.5 Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Shahrum, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Shahrum macrumors newbie

I did a clean install of 10.5 this past weekend and was able to install my networked HP Photosmart C7180 using the built-in HP drivers. They are specific to the C7100 series according to the driver that was auto-detected by Leopard.

Seems to work just fine except when I use the duplexer accessory which is designed for automatic two-sided printing.

The result is that the opposite side is flipped horizontally instead of being in the same orientation as the original side. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm assuming this is something that HP/Apple will address and be able to fix in an upcoming software update.

Thanks,
    Shahrum

2. dpotts macrumors newbie

Hi Shahrum,

I've got a C3310 with duplexer and also noticed the same problem with OS X 10.5 and the 1.3.1 HP driver (that ships with OS X). Don't assume Apple or HP know about it - log a bug report!

3. awolfeii macrumors newbie

Two Macs, two HP printers, duplexing busted

Cannot get the usual portrait style two sided printing. Tried both ways in the print dialog. Tried finding settings, page setup, the whole schmeer.

MacBook (core 2 duo) 15" with Leopard

PB G4 15" with Leopard

HP Photosmart C6280

HP OfficeJet Pro L7600

Help, please!

This is actually not unlike issues with our HP OJ 7140xi we had for a while, then they magically disappeared.

Emailed HP tech support, will probably call Apple.