Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

va1984

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Has anybody tried or seen this on HP's site? Apparently, it is a $250 USB-C display. I ordered it to give it a try and will be getting it on Friday. I'll post my thoughts then but the chances of me keeping it are slim, it would have to really impress me.

It's a 1080p monitor which of course sucks, and we've all read the not-so-enthusiastic reviews of its $500 27" 4K brother.

Still, I was curious since as far as I know it is 1) the only sub-27" USB-C display available except for the LG UltraFine 4K, and 2) by far the cheapest at $250.

At some point we were supposed to get a Lenovo P24h and P27h both with USB-C, both not 4K, for similar prices but nothing in sight yet...

ecking

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2007
How did you like it? It's really affordable but I can't find any reviews or feedback about it anywhere.

Cricketman

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2008
I just ordered then 27" HP Envy 4k monitor for $400 from amazon. I am using it with my MBP 2015 though, via HDMI. I'll get it tomorrow and will try and remember to post my thoughts.

va1984

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
How did you like it? It's really affordable but I can't find any reviews or feedback about it anywhere.
I sent it back because ultimately I don't need a 1080p 24" display (text looks a bit too pixelated), but it looked nice and worked properly.
It charges a MacBook without any problems, and the USB-c connection functioned well.
Unlike the 27" version which has a chin an bold shiny ENVY logo, the 24" is almost bezelfree and understated. But of course it's not 4k.
If you need a way to charge your MacBook and a secondary 24" canvas for rough stuff, I would recommend it. But if you need pixel density on a par with the MacBook screen itself, this isn't it.

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
I sent it back because ultimately I don't need a 1080p 24" display (text looks a bit too pixelated), but it looked nice and worked properly.
It charges a MacBook without any problems, and the USB-c connection functioned well.
Unlike the 27" version which has a chin an bold shiny ENVY logo, the 24" is almost bezelfree and understated. But of course it's not 4k.
If you need a way to charge your MacBook and a secondary 24" canvas for rough stuff, I would recommend it. But if you need pixel density on a par with the MacBook screen itself, this isn't it.

What did you end up deciding to get?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.