HP Envy 23.8: cheapest USB-C display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by va1984, Mar 22, 2017.

1. va1984 macrumors member

Has anybody tried or seen this on HP's site? Apparently, it is a $250 USB-C display. I ordered it to give it a try and will be getting it on Friday. I'll post my thoughts then but the chances of me keeping it are slim, it would have to really impress me.

It's a 1080p monitor which of course sucks, and we've all read the not-so-enthusiastic reviews of its $500 27" 4K brother.

Still, I was curious since as far as I know it is 1) the only sub-27" USB-C display available except for the LG UltraFine 4K, and 2) by far the cheapest at $250.

At some point we were supposed to get a Lenovo P24h and P27h both with USB-C, both not 4K, for similar prices but nothing in sight yet...

2. ecking macrumors newbie

How did you like it? It's really affordable but I can't find any reviews or feedback about it anywhere.

3. Cricketman macrumors regular

I just ordered then 27" HP Envy 4k monitor for $400 from amazon. I am using it with my MBP 2015 though, via HDMI. I'll get it tomorrow and will try and remember to post my thoughts.

4. va1984 thread starter macrumors member

I sent it back because ultimately I don't need a 1080p 24" display (text looks a bit too pixelated), but it looked nice and worked properly.
    It charges a MacBook without any problems, and the USB-c connection functioned well.
    Unlike the 27" version which has a chin an bold shiny ENVY logo, the 24" is almost bezelfree and understated. But of course it's not 4k.
    If you need a way to charge your MacBook and a secondary 24" canvas for rough stuff, I would recommend it. But if you need pixel density on a par with the MacBook screen itself, this isn't it.

5. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

What did you end up deciding to get?

6. Fishrrman macrumors G4