HP Envy 32" QHD Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pilotkid, Mar 17, 2015.

1. pilotkid, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015

pilotkid macrumors 6502a

Just wondering if anyone has this display hooked up to a Mid 2014 15" MBP. How do you like it, is the quality as good as advertised?

Edit: Also, are there any compatibility issues that I need to be aware of? Will it run at full quality with a Mid-2014, 15" MBP?

2. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

Someone got just this monitor and posted about it in the recent purchases thread. You could try asking him about it :)

3. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

I posted my question a little late, I had already ordered it but wanted to make sure I made the right choice. I got it today and have it all set up on my desk as my primary display, its absolutely stunning!

4. exizeo macrumors regular

Can you provide a link to that? Thanks.

5. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

Nice :) It does seems to be a really great display. If I had a retina MBP I would consider getting it but I doubt my Mid 2012 MBP would take advantage of the resolution that display offers; and besides I already want to buy a couple of things before I start thinking about replacing my current external monitor :p

Sure, here it is...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=20837476#post20837476

6. exizeo macrumors regular

Thanks man.

It looks sweet asf. I kind of want one...

So much stuff to want. So little money. I'm torn between saving for a maxed Skylake 15" rMBP (vs. base), a LG curved 3440x1440, and a nice 30+" 1440p to link my future base rMBP or PC.

7. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

I can say the screen is truly amazing. I also thought about getting a curved display. I think if I were using a second display I would get a curved one, but this is now my primary display that I use with my MBP. I also bought a Book Arc by Twelve South so I keep my MBP in clamshell mode.