HP Envy makes me smile =)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by warstomp, Oct 31, 2009.

1. warstomp macrumors member

So I've recently been lurking on some articles and comparisons with the HP Envy, and i just cannot see a reason why i would ever prefer that over the macbook pro i have now. It just doesnt seem as polished in any way especially with Windows and no ethernet, optical drives, and other things like that. The only plus side to the MBP carbon copies would be the dedicated graphics and maybe the i7 processor however that is only in the 15 incher. Its fun to see people make comparisons and conveniently mention that the Envy's dont have ethernet ports, optical drives, and a terrible trackpad however they preach on the higher res screen (which on paper may sound better but in performance doesnt feel as natural as macbook screens) and add-on battery, So im just wondering what you guys think even though this is a mac forum

2. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

The i7 is a power hog, so the 15" has a 3 hr battery life. The 13" is so underpowered its not even funny. The trackpad is retarded

3. bware189 macrumors member

I watched a few video posts about it. The the screen part of the shell was incredibly flimsy (it looked to be made of cardboard) and the trackpad is plain silliness.