HP eprinters works flawless with the iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleGoddess, Nov 24, 2010.

1. AppleGoddess, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010

AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Picked one up today and was very surprised how well it works with the iPad , glad I bought it.

2. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

3. spiralynth macrumors regular

What do you mean by "how well it works with the iPad"? Like colleagues or what?

4. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Guess it's open to interpretation.....

HP Envy...is that the high end laptop or the ePrint printer??

Guess it's anyone guess?

5. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

The eprint printer .

6. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

That's great. I have not had the time yet to update my iPad but I do have the hp envy in my office. Nice slim printer but it is a little hard on ink. Can't wait till days off so I can update all my iOS devices. :D

7. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

They have the XL ink does 600 pages for 32.00

8. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

+1

I use it, works great.

9. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I'm using a new HP printer (C410a) with ePrint and it's great. Love being able to print directly from the iPad and iPhone and it prints quickly!

It would be nice if down the road a bit they give you some print options. Something like being able to print only in b & w. It's nice how you can increase the quantity of items printed though.

10. bri1212 macrumors 6502

about printing with eprint

I have the following questions:
    Are you emailing to the printer to print directly to it?
    Can you print PDF files? Jpg? pages documents? numbers Documents? Emails?
    Any limitations?

I am going to be buying a printer this week, and not just so my ipad will work with it. But I do want to be able to print documents, and emails, as well as photos.
    Thanks

11. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

It prints fine both ways, I have rental homes I even do the leases now with pages and just hit print and away it goes..
    I have used the eprint and it works perfect.

Please other HP users post reviews here.

I have been printing photos, docs , mail and even shipping labels for eBay.

No limits so far, ant thanks for using this thread as intended;)

12. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I had a look at the HP Printers that support AirPrint today, but none of them had a separate photo paper feed tray that I could see. I currently have a Kodak printer that does have one and it makes life much easier for printing photos (no messing around changing paper when printing photos out). Did I just miss it, or do none of the HP printers have a separate photo paper feed tray?

13. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

The envy you need to load the photo paper in the tray.no extra tray for that. I bought mine from Amazon for 207.00

14. RKID084 macrumors newbie

I was surprised how well AirPrint works too! Really impressed!

15. roxette macrumors newbie

HP Photosmart Plus B210a works perfectly

Hello

Just after upgrading the 2 iPads in our household I went to the next shop to buy a new HP Photosmart Plus B210a. First I was impressed about the ePrint feature. It was very easy to set the printer up and by email I was able to print several documents.
    To print directly with Airprint was not as easy as I thought. The printer was visible on my iPad but I received the message that the printer is offline. So I installed this printer also on my MacBook Pro and my Mac Mini and then the Airprint functionality worked also on my iPad. I have no clue why this offline issue happened.

But I was very pleased when I have selected a nice picture of my son in Photo on my iPad and pressed the print button. And lucky me and thank you HP: the printer printed this picture without any further paper selection directly on a photo paper which I loaded in the separate paper tray for photo papers.

It's really a big improvement to be able to print from the iPad!

Cheers!

16. bentrider macrumors member

Just got a Photosmart Premium C310 earlier this week and ADORE IT. Not just the iPad integration but also all of the other wireless features. Never thought I'd actually use all of the Internet stuff on the touchscreen but I do.

17. Stoney79 macrumors member

I have this printer as well and think it is great. However I can't figure out a simple way of printing photos onto A4 paper. At the moment I am having to import them into Pages and then resize them to fit the page. Has anyone found a simple way of doing this or maybe a decent printing app that will help? I have tried the app ePrint but that leaves a small border around the edge of the A4 paper. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

18. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

The 'envy prints envolopes well also, they have a great app for that.

19. St. Germain macrumors 6502

I also was in the market for a WiFi printer to replace an aging inkjet and picked up the Photosmart Premium C310 a couple of weeks ago. So far it's working great, though it did inexplicably turn off once. Other than that, it's been smooth sailing for our MacBook Pros, iPad, and iPhones.

I really wanted a wireless printer that we could put downstairs instead of in an office upstairs connected to a computer, so this and the whole AirPrint timing worked out great for us. I love that I can upgrade the firmware over WiFi as well.

20. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

We bought a Photosmart D110A from Amazon for just over $60. Thing works like a dream - printed from my iPhone with no set up. Prints wirelessly from my MBP and my wife's win 7 laptop w/ minor set up. I've mostly printed photos and emails. Very nice tech.....

21. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

One thing I love I can print my eBay labels for shipping, and love how it updates it software automatically .

22. Grolsch30 macrumors member

207?

Is that in £'s or Dollars?

Looking for the Envy myself but cheapest i can find on amazon is £237.

23. AldoRay macrumors member

Thanks for starting this thread, I was thinking about getting one of these printers and was wondering how well they worked. Based on the posts here, I believe I am going shopping. :)

24. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

It's 199.00 usd at this time

let us know what you think of it after playing with it a while.

25. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I bought Printopia for $9 for my Mac. Makes my printer (any printer) work with iOS. And not only can it print, but it'll save as a PDF on my Mac as well. Very handy.