HP G85 AIO printer question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pandaboots, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Pandaboots macrumors regular

Pandaboots

I have an older G85 all in one model printer. However, it seems I've lost some functionality with my print options. I'm using the latest drivers and image zone software but don't see any options to print in draft quality or choose paper type (ie photo, glossy matte etc). I had these option when hooked up to windows...any ideas? Does hp just have crappy software for the mac?

2. Houston iMac macrumors newbie

I have the same question as Pandaboots. I am a newbie trying to switch to mac. This has not been as as easy as the commercials make it out to be.
    Any help with trying to get my documents on my HP G*% would be appreciated.

3. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

1: Big bonus points for you for searching the forums first. :)

2: I have an F380 all in one, and it took me a little bit to figure out some of the places they hide things on the Mac.

First question, when you go to File > Print, you should get the little box that lists your printer. Is there a little arrow to the right of the printer? It should be pointing up. Click that and it should expand the options you have.

Let's start there, and then we'll start trading screenshots until we can get it.

4. Houston iMac macrumors newbie

Decrepit,

Thanks for the response. I see the triangle and have clicked it to expand. When it expands, there is nothing that allows me to print in draft. I have also looked at the drop downs in the presets box and the Safari box and none have anything related to printing resolution. I tried the scheduler in the Safari box thinking that setting it to urgent would cause a fast print in draft. It did not.

What's next?

Thanks