HP inkjet printer problem in sierra

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cool11, Oct 12, 2016.

1. cool11 macrumors 65816

cool11

I can't be completely sure, but I guess something is going on with sierra and printing system in general?
    I tell this, as I had no problem to print when I was in el capitan, with my HP DESKJET 2540.
    Now, usually I can print, but when I go to photoshop CC 2015 and try to print, the photoshop quits!
    I can still print in Ms Word etc, but sometimes it stuck while printing.
    It is a rather new printer(2 y.o. model or something like this), so I guess it is not a not-supported old printer.
    And as I said I had no problems just a couple of months ago with el capitan.
    HP drivers page mention nothing special about sierra, but I found somewhere else an HP page saying that if the printer worked in el capitan, it should work in sierra too, after upgrading.

Anyone having any idea why this happens?

2. chscag macrumors 68000

The only suggestion I have is to remove the printer and try reinstalling it. If HP does not have an updated driver for Sierra, give the reinstall a try. Sometimes that will do it.

3. MainStream macrumors member

MainStream

Lots of people having HP related problems. Apparently in OS X 10.12.1 there will be driver updates. I have removed and reinstalled numerous times to no avail. You can check HP Support but for my MFP unit, so far no updates are available.

4. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

Will it take long to have 10.12.1 update?
    I am better now that I know that I am not the only one with the problem.

5. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

The update was done, but I am not sure if it fixes the problem we discuss here...
    I did not had the chance to see it in action yet.
    Anyone else?

6. MainStream macrumors member

MainStream

The update HP pushed out in the last few days fixed the scanning problems I was having.

7. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

Not mine. When I try to print from photoshop, it quits!

8. Kaelbron macrumors member

Hi I hope I can borrow this thread. One in my family has an HP Deskjet 2540, which doesn’t want to print wirelessly in MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. Anyone who has a solution? I had tried all from disconnect the cords to uninstalled and installed again without any great results.

9. JukkaKarhunen macrumors newbie

I had to install HP printer driver package v5.1 to get the same printer working with MacBook Pro 15" 2017 High Sierra.
    https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US