Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cfg5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
California
Alright, my brother's birthday is this Wednesday, and my parents got him and iPod mini. When I looked at it they actually got the HP iPod mini. Is there any real difference between the two? Also, is there an HP logo on the back instead of the apple logo? Finally, does it work with a mac?

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
Cfg5 said:
Alright, my brother's birthday is this Wednesday, and my parents got him and iPod mini. When I looked at it they actually got the HP iPod mini. Is there any real difference between the two? Also, is there an HP logo on the back instead of the apple logo? Finally, does it work with a mac?

No, there is no difference. Yes, it will work with a mac.

I didn't even know HP resold iPod mini's, though. :confused:

Cfg5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
California
Welp off to return it.

I'm definitely going back with my mom to return it. My brother's saving up for an iMac G5 too and I know he doesn't want any PC in his setup when he gets it.

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
Cfg5 said:
I'm definitely going back with my mom to return it. My brother's saving up for an iMac G5 too and I know he doesn't want any PC in his setup when he gets it.

Buy from the education store either over the phone, or online. Very little verification is needed. Much cheaper that way! (Unless time is a consideration...)

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Capt Underpants said:
No, there is no difference. Yes, it will work with a mac.
For future reference, the only difference is that HP doesn't give Mac support. And from some accounts, their Windows support is slightly superior to Apple's. I guess its a moot point because you are now returning it and HP stopped selling iPods.

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
grapes911 said:
For future reference, the only difference is that HP doesn't give Mac support. And from some accounts, their Windows support is slightly superior to Apple's. I guess its a moot point because you are now returning it and HP stopped selling iPods.

Yes they do give support for macs......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.