HP Laserjet 1020 driver needed

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by clevin, Apr 22, 2007.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Hi
    Just bought a HP Laserjet 1020, since old photosmart 1000 does not support new Vista I got.

now, OSX does not support 1020 by default, some ppl suggest 1022's driver can be used on 1020, so I download and installed it, but still no luck.

any other idea?

Thanks

2. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I've been a primary figure in these parts promoting the HP 1022 driver, and I can tell you that it does work. The "how" of getting it to work remains mega-unclear, though.

I run my HP 1020 on a 1022 driver with few problems. Others do, too. Thing is, it doesn't work when you first install the driver. In fact, it doesn't work for a while. Then, it works.

I suspect this isn't much comfort. Check here and here for other experiences/advice on the 1020/1022 conundrum. And if you find a process/solution, document and post it, please! A set of steps that works universally would save a lot of folks a lot of time.

:)

3. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

okido, I will try that later. right now, both my Linux and Vista can print from 1020 by direct connection. but wireless printing through mac mini isn't working. My guess is the driver on mac mini is the problem.