HP LaserJet 1150

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cranberry26, Jul 23, 2008.

1. cranberry26 macrumors newbie

We have 4 new iMac computers in our office. We have installed and working perfectly a HP LaserJet 2015 and a HP LaserJet 1012. I have tried repeatedly to get my HP LaserJet 1150 to work. Initially, when trying to print, all three status lights on the printer would come on. I then downloaded the drivers from HP and the printer would work--with an error message but you could click "ignore" and the printer would go ahead and work. Then last week, I came in on Wednesday morning and the printer would work without the error message--it took some time to print but it was working. Then after an automatic software update, all I could get was the three solid status lights on the printer. Sporadically, it has printed but never consistently. I have tried all of the troubleshooting ideas including downloading of 3rd party drivers to no avail. The printer is listed on the Print/Fax list, it is listed on the options when you "print" from any application but, instead of printing anything, all three status lights come on and stay on. The HP Printer Utiltity does not recognize it. The printer works perfectly when connected to my old PC so I know it is not the printer. I called HP support but since the printer is four years old, we have to purchase support before they will tell us anything. I would appreciate any help offered.

2. chscag macrumors 68000

Try deleting the HP 1150 plist file (preference file) and the HP 1150 printer file. Remove the printer from the network and reboot. Hook the printer up to the network once more and see if you have better luck.

Before deleting the following files, make a backup of them to another location.

/Users/user name/Library/Preferences/com.hp.printerutility.plist

/Users/user name/Library/Printers/HP Laserjet 1150.app

Hope it helps.

Regards.

3. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

Perhaps CUPS may help? Macs have the Unix utility, CUPS (Common Unix Printing Service) installed and printers can be managed this way. For access to this, cut and paste the numbers 127.0.0.1:631 into a browser.

4. cranberry26 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you atlanticza - your suggestion worked. I had been on vacation a few days so this afternoon after I got back to work I tried your suggestions and viola - my printer is printing for me. Only one problem--I can not seem to correctly print envelopes or our phone messages which are on a half-sheet of paper. It wants to print everything to the left margin and the input automatically puts everything not full page size in the middle. Do you have any further snippits of information? Thanks again--at least I am printing now.

5. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

6. cranberry26 thread starter macrumors newbie

atlanticza, for some reason when I went in to work the next day, the printer was printing the envelopes and phone messages correctly--I'm not going to question it--just enjoy it. Thanks for your help.

7. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

My pleasure. Truth is that no OS and no technology is truly bullet-proof. Even my trusty - though ageing - Palm T3 Tungsten PDA crashed the other day.

8. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Atlanticza Rocks!

Members like you are why this is one of the BEST forums out there, and Mac people are the best! On behalf of all of us, thanks! You make us proud!!:D;)