HP Laserjet CP1515N or Samsung CPL-315W

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Frosties, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

I am looking at two cheap networked color laser printers for PowerPoint and text printing. The printers HP Laserjet CP1515N and Samsung CPL-315W are selling at the same price. HP has larger memory for bigger prints (96MB vs 32MB) and better print support but Samsung has wireless access. Typical print is 20 page powerpoint or word document with graphs and some illustrative photos. Both printers are slow printers but to my use that is not a big issue but faster print with better quality is nice. I have read a statement that the HP have issues turning itself on and doing noisy clean cycles at odd hours. Is this true and does the samsung do this also? How is the quality of text and simple graphics between these two? Any opinions and thoughts would be welcome on this issue.

2. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I have a 315W. It's served me well. I can't compare it to the CP1515N since I've never used one, but I haven't had any complaints about the quality of the printing. I have not had issues with it doing anything odd like turning itself on or entering cleaning cycles.

One complaint I do have is the lack of a manual-feed tray, but that is becoming the norm as they cut costs. That and the flimsy plastic construction that you find in every printer selling today. On the other hand, it still blows me away that I paid $150 for a wireless networked color laser printer!

Wireless printing works very well and the printer is Bonjour-friendly.

Toner replacements are going to be expensive, but the reality is I will probably just ditch it and buy a whole new printer when the toners run out...

3. Frosties thread starter macrumors 6502a

Frosties

That sounds very good and nice; will have to go and have a look tomorrow and print some pages but I think one 315W goes home with me.