HP Laserjet M1005 MFP doesn't print every PDF

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bristleworm, Dec 21, 2008.

1. bristleworm macrumors 6502

bristleworm

I already searched the forums and google but couldn't find anybody with the same problem. Perhaps some of you have had a similar problem and can help me solve it:

I have a HP Laserjet M1005 MFP, which is directly connected to my MBP. The installed drivers are the latest original drivers from the HP homepage.
    Now here's the strange thing: Printing text files, wep pages, pages documents works fine, but when I try printing a PDF file with more than approximately 25 pages from Adobe Reader, it takes the printer forever to start. I was able to work around this by using OS-X's built-in Preview. Printing large documents from this works just fine.
    Another problem I have not been able to solve completely, however, occurs when I try printing PDFs that are in landscape mode (I have to rotate the pages using Preview to print them), and when I try to print multiple pages on one page (if I set it to print more than 1 page on a single sheet of paper, the printer queue starts with the job listed, but says "Job stopped" after a few seconds). I have no clue whatsoever what's wrong here.

Any thoughts or ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

2. bristleworm thread starter macrumors 6502

bristleworm