HP LaserPrint 6P and Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by taijuan, Apr 30, 2008.

1. taijuan macrumors member

I'm trying to connect an HP LaserPrint 6P to a new Mini with Leopard. It's connected with a Parallel to USB cable.

There are drivers already on the computer (both Postscript and Gutenprint), but both of them fail. Originally the PS driver just printed a bunch of blank pages, while the Gutenprint driver said the device wasn't connected after sending about 16% of the content. Now, after restarting, both drivers say it's waiting for device. Any idea?

Thanks.

2. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I have an HP 4P, but I had a similar issue. I ended up rebooting and powering off/on the printer since my first few attempts ended up corrupting the printers buffer with crap.

After that it mine has worked pretty well.

3. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

I too own a 6P and I would recommend getting an HP 300x ethernet print server and hook it up to a router. It's nice and inexpensive on ebay and when configured, my 6P works great with it. Only problem is that you need to change your user agent in your browser to a windows computer because it won't let you open the configuration page.

That's all I can recommend as that's the only thing that works for me. Hope that helps.

4. taijuan thread starter macrumors member

After wasting an awful lot of paper, the restarting thing seemed to work and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the help.