HP Officejet 6500 Wireless Connection Problems...HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by agr5, Jan 3, 2010.

1. agr5 macrumors member

We just purchased a HP Officejet 6500 Wireless printer for our home and currently have one desktop, and 2 laptops running windows xp. These machines have no problems connecting to the wireless printer.

My G4 PB running 10.4.11 on the other hand has issues. The software says it is compatible with my Mac setup. I run through the HP Starter CD and install all drivers, when the installation is complete it says everything went fine. I have the printer installed and can choose to print with it. But when I do, I get the following. Any ideas??

I have deleted and reinstalled a couple of times with out any success.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the huge photo, but it was kind of necessary to see everything, and I wasn't sure how to make it so you can click on it and enlarge.

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

mdns is "Bonjour."
    I suggest you not add the printer using Bonjour, unless that's what the instructions say to use?
    Try More Printers > HP IP (or whatever it's called).

3. agr5 thread starter macrumors member

New Developments

It tells me to use Bonjour... I was messing around with it and found out that it will print if I go back to the printer and turn it off then back on again. Maybe the printer goes into a sleep/power save mode and my computer cannot wake it up. Does anyone know how to remedy this? :confused: