HP Officejet 6500

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tcadori, Oct 25, 2009.

1. tcadori macrumors newbie

I am having problems installing the printer. I get to the "Installation Type" screen, select "Install" and nothing happens.

I've tried powering everything off; replacing the USB cable; nothing.

Thank you!!!

2. belvdr macrumors 603

What are you installing and on what OS? Snow Leopard picked this up automagically for me.

3. tcadori thread starter macrumors newbie

HP Officejet 6500

Mac OS X Version 10.4.11. Not sure I understand the "what are you installing question".

As mentioned, have an iMac trying to install the HP Officejet 6500. Have tried using the cd that came with the printer and have tried downloading the SW & drivers from the HP website with the same result. I get to the "Installation Type" screen of the HP Installer. Indicates Space Required: 430.55 MB; Space Remaining: 206.83 GB. I select "Install"; nothing happens. I select "Customize" and delect the HP Fax Driver & Utilities" (now Space Remaining is 206.83 and Space Required is 370.57 MB) then select "Install"; nothing happens. I never progress to the "Install", Setup and Summary steps.

Thank you.

4. belvdr macrumors 603

Do you already have the printer plugged in? If so, unplug it, reboot, and retry the install.

The reason I asked what software you were installing as it wasn't clear from the original post. As stated earlier, on 10.6 I did not have to install any software.