HP officejet error message when try to scan to cpu

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by alainr, Oct 5, 2008.

1. alainr macrumors regular

I have an HP officejet 6210 connected to my new imac.
    i can print,copy and scan a copy, but when i want to scan to the computer, i get a message that says:
    "No scan options. you need to install or run device software for the function."

i do not see a "scan to" menu as described in the manual. the manual says the hp image zone software does not support mac os v.10.0 and 10.4. the hp website got very complicated and i am nervous about uninstalling and moving folders to trash from the library, etc.

any ideas? is there something simple i can download from hp? i don't find the image zone software when i use finder.

thks
    alain

2. hajime macrumors 68030

Did you use the CD which came with the printer? I got the Officejet Pro L7590 last week. The first thing I did was to download the software/driver from the HP website. Then, plugged in the printer to the MBP. I am able to scan the image to the computer.

By the way, the only problem is that using the automatic document feeder, the scanned pages are rotated (usually by 10-20 degrees and one time by about 30 degrees). Is this common to such AIO printers? Does your printer has the same problem?