HP or Canon?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rfrankl, Sep 4, 2009.

1. rfrankl macrumors 6502

Without knowing any particular models, which brand would you say is better for an all-in-one color laser printer in your experience...HP or Canon? I have always had HP, but I have grown tired of their driver issues, etc. Thanks!

I have never had any Canon computer products before, but they have 2 new models that look appealing to me.

2. Vster macrumors 6502

Yeah I'm interested in hearing some opinions on this. My home HP inkjet is nice but sometimes just acts really strange. I'm needing an all in one laser for my office and was hoping to hear some good things about Canon.

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i had one canon printer and that was enough to steer me away from canon printers. Every printer I had over the years were HPs.
    My brother has some fancy Brother all in one thing that was super expensive (office grade) and seems to work well with his macs

4. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

I have been very happy with my canon mp470 I have had just a little over a year. Ink seems to last way longer than my last two printers, epsson and a HP.
    Cannon has also been very good in driver support in my opinion.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I've always been a fan of HP, my one Canon was a disaster.

6. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I did considerable research and have experience with both printer co. products....my inlaws have a Canon which was difficult to get set up wirelessly.

I have ordered an HP myself- it got better reviews from Consumer reports for both cost of printouts and ease of use. I got the 6500 HP. I will post how the new HP is when I get it.

But from what I could find on the web- HP gets a better rating for cost, ease of use, etc. The canon (some of them) have a werid gray ink which has to be purchased on the web only as even Staples doesn't carry the replacement and t won't let you print without having that ink cart. replaced. I think that was on the photo printers only- but weird non-the less

7. jay3903 macrumors newbie

I have an HP DJ6980 that I have had for almost 2 years and it has done a great job. It is wiFi, bluetooth, and ethernet capable. It has 2 paper trays and will do duplex printing.

8. Buzz Bumble Guest

Personally I always go to HP for laser printers and Epson for inkjets - never really had any problems with either brand. Canon would probably be a second choice for inkjets if Epson wasn't available - Apple's own inkjets were of course re-badged Canon models. I'm can't remember who made their laser printers.

I stay well away from Brother, Oki, and the other "smaller" brands, but that's simply a personal preference since I've never used either brand.