HP Photosmart 5520 printer software

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jvstjim, Jun 30, 2013.

1. jvstjim macrumors newbie

Trying to install new HP Photosmart 5520 printer. I downloaded the software from HP. When trying to add printer, Mac tells me the it has the software but upon searching, says that it is unavailable. Any help greatly appreciated.

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

You don't have to download anything from HP, uninstall the HP software now! Then please advise how you are connecting the printer to your computer, USB, Wi-Fi, etc... Once we have that info we can give you more direction. Or you could simply read Apple's instructions at:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4670

3. jvstjim thread starter macrumors newbie

I uninstalled the HP program. I read the Apple Support but still can't get it to install the software. It recognizes my printer and says that Apple has the software but when I try to add it, it looks for the software and says that it is unavailable. My printer is connected via Wi-Fi.

I'm not the most literate computer person especially since recently coming from a pc to Mac.

4. howzie39 macrumors newbie

Can't Set Up HP 5520 Printer

I read the thread that ended with below quote and it described my situation exactly, I've tried all the advice from the above posts including Apple's Instructions) to no avail. I just bought this printer (HP Photosmart 5520) and can't get the software from either Apple or HP, and they're still selling the printer in Apple stores, but Eight months later and the Install Software problem has still not been fixed. Did jvstjim ever figure it out? I'd just take it back to apple right now and get my money back, but I got it in Honolulu and I live on Molokai and it costs more to fly back there than the printer cost. Can anyone tell me how to get my 5520 to print from my MacBook Pro wirelessly, as well as USB? I've been working on this for hours over the last three days, and I'm getting a little wild-eyed. Thanks.