HP Photosmart C4280 All-In-One

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jellz, Jul 17, 2007.

1. jellz macrumors regular

So I got this printer with the buy a mac deal, the only thing is I can't seem the find the model when I try to set up the printer. There's no Photosmart C4280 under the list of printer models on the list. Can anyone help? Whenever I try to print something offline it'll just keep taking in loads of computer paper but nothing comes out. When it does print it prints werid stuff like "dup 33 /R put dup 34 /a put dup 35/l put etc etc readonly def /fonttype 42 def /fontmatrix matrix def."

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

That stuff you're seeing is postscript - all print output on OS X starts as postscript and then gets translated to the specific printer's language by a driver. (Generic postscript drivers just pass this postscript along)

How is this printer connected?
    Have you installed the printer driver (latest version from a download)? After installing, be sure to repair permissions (Disk Utility) and restart before trying to Add in Printer Setup.

3. jellz thread starter macrumors regular

It's connect via usb. I can't seem to find the drivers for it. The one on the HP site is like dead.

4. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

I see - the driver isn't a free download. But you have a CD, right? Install it and do the two extra steps (permissions and restart) and then try to Add the printer in Printer Setup.

You could also try the generic photosmart driver "Photosmart P1100, Gimp-Print," included in OS X -- I forgot to ask which version OS X.

5. ulaiji macrumors newbie

I got the same problem too:confused:
    I have the CD and I downloaded the driver, but both of them couldn't work----just suddenly ended after double-click
    other type of printer in the list is OK...but whatever I can't scan......:(

by the way mine is OS X 10.4.10

6. Bumo27 macrumors newbie

I just figured it out!

Go to Utilities, Printer Setup Utility, and then ADD a new printer. If you had the same problem as me, your mac recognized the printer as the Photosmart LASERJET printer, which is wrong. The correct printer will come up when you add the new one, and just make the C4280 the default printer. It should work after that.