HP Photosmart Plus B210 eprinter Ipad Printing WOW!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by leons, Oct 17, 2010.

1. leons macrumors 6502

Just wanted to share:

Picked one of these up for Ipad printing for $99 shipped. All I can say is WOW!

Completely wireless printing. Has its own internal email address. Cut/paste anything from your Ipad into an email, and email it to the printer. In about 10 seconds it prints out and does not lose any formatting from the original text! It only prints the content of the email (i.e. what you cut/paste), without to/from/subject, etc. Completely wireless and independent; NO computer need be on and you can email to the printer from anywhere (i.e. need not have your Ipad connected to your home network).

This is one of the printers that will support direct wireless printing in the new firmware release.

It also has a color display and a memory slot, so you can view/print photos without a computer. Using free HP Apps, you can transfer files from your home computer to your Ipad. You can also initiate a scan from your Ipad, and scan the document directly into your Ipad.

All of the above can also be done from an Iphone.

The printer also has its own apps that you can run directly from the printer.

Very "magical" (no pun intended). All in all, the best $99 I've spent in a long time! Did I say HIGHLY recommended? :D

2. AC Rempt macrumors 6502

AC Rempt

I know a previous model was only "N." Does this one work with "G" as well? My routers are all "G," and I don't want to upgrade if I don't have to.

Thanks.

3. Capt T macrumors 6502a

You should be able to send it an attached word or PDF. I have used the PDF function in pages on the iPad and it prints the email and the attachment.

4. leons thread starter macrumors 6502

@AC Rempt: Yes, this one is G as well. I have G too. That is why I waited
    for this one.

@Capt T Yes, forgot to mention, supports printing email attachments
    too. Currently, the below types are supported. More coming.

Microsoft Word
    Microsoft PowerPoint
    Microsoft Outlook
    Microsoft Excel*
    Text files (.txt)
    PDF
    Images (bmp, jpg, png, gif, tiff)

Absolutely amazing functionality at this price.

5. rikbrown macrumors regular

Thanks for the tip.

Having its own email address means it can play nice with other mobile devices too that don't have printing support (e.g. Android phones).

6. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I'm waiting for a mobile version.

I just wish i could use my airport and plug my current canon portable printer in and go with that when 4.0 comes out.

Glad to hear it works well though!

7. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

has anyone with the 4.2 beta tried using this printer natively? Cause im about to pull the trigger on it but I want to make sure itll really work natively when 4.2 comes out. the whole email thing is cool but id much rather just hit print.

8. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I just picked up a new HP Envy 100 printer, I have 4.2 installed so I'm looking forward to trying it out. I'll let you know how well it works.

9. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

Sounds very cool. I have an older HP Laser Printer, so I'm stuck going through my desktop to print.

I was looking for a good iPad printer for the holidays. Thanks for the info. Any downside to the Photosmart? jams, print speed, etc?

10. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Well, I plugged in my new printer, inserted the cartridges, put in some paper, and entered my wifi information. Now. Can print directly from my iPad, I didn't have any issues, didn't even really have to do anything. Im so happy. Now I just have to go to HPs website and setup my new printer so I can print over the web.

One thing I would like, which I'm not sure is possible right now, is to be able to scan from the printer to my iPad.

11. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Well, I plugged in my new printer, inserted the cartridges, put in some paper, and entered my wifi information. Now I can print directly from my iPad, I didn't have any issues, didn't even really have to do anything. Im so happy. Now I just have to go to HPs website and setup my new printer so I can print over the web.

One thing I would like, which I'm not sure is possible right now, is to be able to scan from the printer to my iPad.

12. leons thread starter macrumors 6502

Get the free HP iPrint App and you can do that too! :)

13. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

That's cool, I had the app but didn't know it scanned. Right now th app won't scan for me though, the printer shows up when I use the print feature, but when I click on scanner it just says no scanner available. I'll have to play around with it tomorrow. Thanks for pointing it out.

14. kaibob macrumors regular

I'm a little bit confused how these new HP printers work with the iPad. I'm running 4.2 beta 3 and I see that some apps have a print option. For this option to work, I assume the printer has to be on a network. If the printer is not on a network, I assume that the print option won't work and you actually have to send the printer an email. Do I have this wrong?

15. leons thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, the printer needs to be on a wireless network to do either! AirPrint will be part of the official 4.2 release in November, allowing one touch print functionality (with no setup or downloads) from the OS and Apps on iPads, iPhones, and Ipod touches. All HP ePrinters will be supported.