HP Photosmart printer error

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Maxi86, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Maxi86, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011

Maxi86 macrumors regular

I just bought a new HP Photosmart Premium e-all-in-one (CN503B).
    Using the guide I followed every step and connected it to my wireless network. But when asked to install the device on the computer, I run into this problem:

according to installation guide of the HP Photosmart C310 series on the CD my (Windows 7 64-bit) pc doesn't have the required USB driver en hardware. I can't continue the process... :S

I tried to connect the printer wired (the cable wasn't included in the box, but luckily I'd a spare one). but again, during installation of the driver, I get a message it failed.

Does anyone have a clue what's the catch here?
    I will try to install it in Mac OS X next, but I wanna be able to print from both OS'es of course!

EDIT:
    I can't install the software on Mac OS X Lion... it's only compatible with 10.6 and below...
    On the official HP Support there are no updated drivers...

2. Maxi86 thread starter macrumors regular

Fortunately I can at least use it with my iPad... that works very convenient!

3. mkflyfish macrumors member

mkflyfish

I have the new office jet 6500 E710 n.

To install in lion, I just went to system Print & Scan, and clicked the + button to add the printer/scanner. It found the office jet on the network just fine, no HP disk needed, it's included.

Michael