Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
London
Hi, I have an HP Deskjet f300 plugged into my time capsule (usb), its showing up in airport utility perfectly, it shows up as bonjour in print / fax system prefs but when selected will not auto select (or list in manual) the drivers, i can only settup the printer using the HP utility when its plugged into usb but that doesnt help, its strange, anyone else overcome this? or am i just tired and missed something stupidly easy.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
It might just be that your machine doesn't have drivers for that particular model installed. If you can go get drivers from the HP website you should be able to select it in the Add Printer area with no issues then.

This happened to me with my roommate's printer, I had to go install the drivers for that printer series first, and then it worked fine.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
London
All that is available is the HP setup assistant that is fine when the printer is plugged into the computer via usb but the devise doesnt appear when in the time capsule, i don't quite GET the HP settup assistant, when the printer is plugged in it just selects it, it doesnt seem to install any drivers :S otherwise theyd be there already as i set it up when plugged in.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
London
basically the driver that hp settup uses, isnt available to system prefs to auto select or manual, only if you go via hp settup which doesnt see bonjour (time capsual) printer.

orpheus1120

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2008
Malaysia
You may wanna try this:-

Connect the printer directly to your mac first and install the drivers. Then plug it into the TC and see if it solves you problem.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
London
Thanks but i tried that, it doesnt see the printer once moved to time capsule and when i try to add it again the same driver isnt available to the printer utility.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
London
Thank you but thats exactly what i have been trying. Im now trying to find where HP setup util stores the driver that print util cannot find for the printer on bonjour.

Remco

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2008
This helped me out perfectly (for printing anyways).
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz - TC 1Tb - MacBook (v1) - hp Deskjet F2180

TC and HP are connected rest is hanging in 802 b/g network of the TC

Printer works fine now, but scanner not.....
HP scanpro gives: No Scanner Connected....

Any sugestions?
Greetings Remco

chrisgeleven

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2002
Unless the all-in-one printer is specifically designed for network use (usually that means it has built-in ethernet and/or wireless), scanning will not work by plugging the USB cable into Time Capsule.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.