HP Printer and two-sided printing

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by carolinedi, Oct 24, 2012.

1. carolinedi macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I was trying to get the answer for that on google, but did not happen to find it.
    I've been using HP k209a Printer for 3 years now, but on my PC (Windows 7) and everything was working perfectly. However, when I tried using it with Mac, the option of printing on both sides of paper is not available (grey). Is there any way to do it OTHER than printing odd pages first and even later...?
    Best!

2. helveta macrumors member

Have you downloaded the latest Mac drivers from the HP site?

3. carolinedi thread starter macrumors newbie

4. carolinedi thread starter macrumors newbie

5. drambuie macrumors 6502a

Do you have the Duplex unit box checked under the Driver tab in the Options and supplies selection, in Print and Fax preferences?

6. WSR, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012

WSR macrumors regular

Try this:
    Go to System Preferences-Printer & Fax
    Make sure the printer is selected on the left.
    Click on Options & Supplies..., then Driver.
    Look to see if there is a HP Two-sided Printing Accessory(Duplexer) check-box.
    If so make sure its is checked.

I have an HP 2-sided printer, and have never had any problems, but I'm still using Snow-Leopard. So hopefully what's above is close enough to what is in Lion to fine the right place.

7. carolinedi thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, I don't have such option under options&supplies and driver tab. I've downloaded the complete drivers for the printer I use, but it's still not working. It's driving me crazy. Why does everything have to be so confusing? :(