HP Printer connection/drop out issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by midnite26, Mar 23, 2011.

1. midnite26 macrumors newbie

This seems to be an significant issue online and despite my long and tedious efforts to find a solution online.... i cannot find one - Hopefully someone can help me here.

I have an HP Photosmart Printer (C7180)....

I have successfully connected it to my home wireless network.

On my MacBook Pro (and my old Macbook) have successfully connected and added the printer to my printer and faxes list.

After some use (usually one successful print) the printer queue says that the printer is offline... and hence cannot print.

I have tried everything suggested online to fix this but to no avail.

Things tried:
    Reset the wireless network settings on the printer (which usually allows my to connect for a few minutes and then goes offline again)
    Setting my wireless router to WAP (instead of WEP)
    Setting a static IP address for my printer (on the printer and on the router)
    Resetting the printing system on the mac and trying to reinstall the printer
    Uninstalling and reinstalling the hp drivers (Snow Leopard drivers)

Two strange things that make me think that its a mac problem.

1. No problem connecting and printing from my Windows 7 PC
    2. I can access the printer via the web interface (i.e. using safari to enter the IP address of the printer) but still get 'printer offline' in the print queue

Any suggestions....

Any Help...

This is driving my crazy...

Thanks

Specs:
    MacBook Pro (Purchased Jan 2011)
    Snow Leopard 10.6.7
    HP Photosmart C7180
    D-Link wireless router DIR-615

2. Jopernikus macrumors newbie

Try this first

Greetings
    I have ordered a HP Photosmart printer so I might get the same issues.
    I have had problems with my Airport conncectivity on my Macbook Air 2010.
    One thing that solved connection problems for me was to disable IPV6 in the Airport preferences. This solved sleep/wake issues with the Airport connection. I've also had printing queue issues and workaround was to stop and restart printer from the OS X printer queue interface. I hav'nt checked for print queue problems since turning off IPV6, but I will when I get my new printer. The old one just stopped working the other night :(
    When I get my new printer I will check for connection issues.