HP Printer Driver update not showing through App store for update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TsMkLg068426, Oct 4, 2014.

1. TsMkLg068426 macrumors 65816

Not sure what is happening and this has been issue for some quite time but I got a HP Envy 120 all in one printer and scanner, there is supposedly a driver update through Apple as HP 3.0 on my sisters Macbook shows up but not on mine so I did a manual download from Apple site and after installing it still shows up the drivers as 2.0. Why is it not updating on my iMac? I even tried the HP website but the drivers are outdated it is from January 2014 and 3.0 was just last week.

Please HELP!:(

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Try removing the printer then adding it. OS X will automatically download the driver.

In other words it probably won't show up in the App store.

3. TsMkLg068426 thread starter macrumors 65816

Tried that I uninstalled my printer than plugged it back in and than set up to Air Print and no driver update at all so I am really confused now why this is happening. Why are driver updates such a pain?

4. TsMkLg068426 thread starter macrumors 65816

Okay figured out what was wrong wow I did not know about it but in system preferences under printer & scanner when adding the printer in the section where it says "USE" for some reason it is automatically selecting AirPrint instead of HP Envy 120 series after switching it the right drivers showed up.

Now the driver update I downloaded it manually from Apple site I wonder next time it will show up in the App store. For so long I have been trying to figure what was happening this was retarded. Is their a difference if "USE" was AirPrint or saying HP Envy 120 Series because I tested my iPhone after switching it it still printed.