HP Printer Duplexing issue...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ZeroGFrame, Jun 17, 2014.

1. ZeroGFrame macrumors newbie

So I recently got an HP Laserjet with built-in duplexing. Works great, and I'm very happy with it. The problem is, every time I go to print, the printer's settings have reverted to disabling duplex. So, every time, I have to go back into my preferences and turn it back on. It's very annoying. It's doing the exact same thing on two different Macs: a Mini running Mavericks, and a MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion. Has anyone had a similar issue, and/or any ideas on how to fix it? I haven't found any other solutions anywhere so far.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Have you tried creating a "preset" with the correct settings?

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

That is the best option...

4. ZeroGFrame thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure what you mean by creating a preset. A preset in the application I'm using? The printer setting itself in the System Preferences keeps getting reset to the defaults, so it has nothing to do with what application I'm printing from.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

When you print and the system print dialog box appears you have the opportunity to change a multitude of settings and then save as a preset. Does duplex (or two-sided) not show as an option in Layout...or perhaps Paper Handling?

6. ZeroGFrame thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah... no, the option simply doesn't exist. It's all grayed out until I go back into my System Preferences and re-enable "Duplex Unit" under the printer's options.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Have you tried accessing the printer's web interface?

8. ZeroGFrame thread starter macrumors newbie

I was unable to access the Web interface... apparently having it connected to AirPort via USB might have been part of the problem. I connected it to the AirPort via Ethernet and updated firmware... which MIGHT have fixed the problem. It seems OK at the moment. We'll see...