Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tknull

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
San Diego
Please help!
I had set up my HP D110 series printer before... and was able to print wirelessly over my network..... no problem. but the scanner software would not work.
So i just tried reinstalling the software anew. Now, the scanning software works, but the printing does not. I cannot add the printer. it shows up in the the list, but when i select it, and click add... it searches and tells me software is available from apple, and proceeds to download it. after downloading for maybe ten seconds.. it tells me the software is not currently available. how can the software that came with the printer not suffice?!?! how can i get this to install/work?
SOOO frustrating. macs aren't supposed to be difficult!

Shawnpk

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I have an HP ePrint printer (not sure what model since I'm not near it) that also scans and I didn't install any software. When I want to scan something, I goto system preferences, printer and press the scan toggle and is scans wirelessly to my MacBook Pro.

BarkingGhost

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2011
Atlanta+35 miles
I have an HP ePrint printer (not sure what model since I'm not near it) that also scans and I didn't install any software. When I want to scan something, I goto system preferences, printer and press the scan toggle and is scans wirelessly to my MacBook Pro.

Did you install anything? How does the MBP know how to communicate with the HP?

dndlnx

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2010
I use an HP printer over the network. Unfortunately, my Mac won't just pick it up automatically. The printer takes the liberty of disconnecting itself, after a short period of being connected.

I have to go to the printer, enter my WPA password, and connect it every time I want to print. At least it remembers the SSID for me. :rolleyes:

BarkingGhost

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2011
Atlanta+35 miles
That sounds like a bad power setting where it is going into sleep mode and not retaining the [wireless] network settings. I'm sure I'll be working the challenge here shortly when I unbox my wife's new i7Mac and try to get the wireless-network Samsung printer working. For the Windows computers in the household it is working beautifully, but this is our first Apple computer.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
I have the same exact printer and same exact problem. I used to print over the wifi at ease, from bedroom, bathroom where ever. Now if I place my laptop on the printer and search for nearby printers nothing comes up. Its amazing. :mad:

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Have you tried installing the latest drivers from HP's support site?

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html (This is for any HP type in your model name)

Also I would change your printer's IP settings from automatic to manual. Then give it a static IP address outside your DHCP range. Be sure that your router and subnet settings are correct. This will help your computer keep in contact with the printer more reliably.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.