HP Printer Installation Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fridgeta1, Oct 10, 2007.

1. fridgeta1 macrumors newbie

I'm trying to install an HP all-in-one Photosmart 3310. I downloaded the print driver from the HP website and installed it. I opened System Preferences, then Print & Fax. I clicked on the + symbol to add a printer. I'm trying to add the printer using Bonjour. I click on the Name (Photosmart 3300 series [CB855E]). I am attempting to select the driver under the "Print Using" drop down list but i cannot find the proper device. I'm new to Mac so i don't entirely understand the driver system and I could use some help.

2. freshstart macrumors newbie

Don't forget that even for wireless, you will need to plug in a hardwire USB during set-up. That should help the mac recognize the printer.

Also, I don't know how your printer is, but my all-in-one is network capable, but did not have a print server in it. So we have an external Linksys server. I had issues getting wireless and I was told by a "genius" that Linksys print servers don't support mac. However, I did some searching on the internet and found a way to set up the printer so that it does work wirelessly.

Good luck!