HP Printer + Macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hakume iFox, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Hakume iFox macrumors newbie

I have an HP Officejet 6210 all-in-one printer and I fairly recently got a MacBook. Are they both compatible with each other?

If so, do I need the software installation CD that came with the printer on the Mac? Asking because I can't seem to find it. ^^;

Lastly. Can that specific printer be connected to my MacBook via bluetooth?

Thanks in advanced to those who reply.
    :3

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

1) Should be compatible.

2) No, you don't need the install disc, most printer manufacturer's have the drivers and printer software posted online nowadays. I found the OfficeJet 6210 drivers and software here.

3) I haven't heard of printing over Bluetooth, are you looking to print wirelessly? I don't see that exact model listed on the HP wireless printing page so chances are no...

3. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Chances are you already have the printer drive installed on your Mac. Macs comes standard with a whole bunch of printer drivers already installed so you can just "plug and play"

If you want to do wireless printing you will need an Airport Extreme or Express.

4. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Agreed. Just plug the printer in, and it'll probably work just fine. No need to find and install drivers -- yuck!

Just go into System Preferences > Print & Fax > And add your printer with the "+" button.