HP S240uj USB-C monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Hajzenberg, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Hajzenberg macrumors newbie

Hajzenberg

Has anyone had any experience with this monitor? I can't find any reviews on the internet, except this one in Chinese.

I'm considering it as an alternative for LG 27UD88, because I can't find it in my country.

On the positive side it's arguably better looking and has integrated speakers (I hope they're not crap), on the negative it's only 2560x1440 and doesn't have height adjustment.

2.jpg

2. Fabtech, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017

Fabtech macrumors newbie

Fabtech

Hi, I have the monitor at home. MacBook is charging with 60 Watt and the speakers are ok but only for YouTube Videos the old Thunderbolt Display had better sound. Also the Monitor has only 23,8 inch which might be too small to some People. You can charge a phone over the qi Charger in the stand.
    But in General in Germany it is at the Moment one of the best USB c Monitor due to the fact of 60 Watt charging. The Acer h7 Charges only with 30 Watt.

Best regards

3. Hajzenberg thread starter macrumors newbie

Hajzenberg

Hey, thanks for the answer.

I think I'm okay with 23,8", but do you find the picture on the monitor too small? Do you use scaling?

Have you connected multiple sources to it (DP/USB upstream), do you know if USB hub is shared in that case?

4. Fabtech macrumors newbie

Fabtech

No for me its fine, and its the perfect size 1440p on 23,8".. everything is sharp :)
    I am using the monitor over USB-C for the Macbook Pro 13 2016 TB and my HP notebook from work.
    If you want to use the USB hub, you need to connect either the USB-C or for the DP/HDMI the USB-B cable.

5. Hajzenberg thread starter macrumors newbie

Hajzenberg

6. Hajzenberg thread starter macrumors newbie

Hajzenberg

@Fabtech Hey, what cable are you using, i tested monitor today in store, but had some problems. I wasn't sure if it's Thunderbolt interface problem or monitor.

7. Fabtech macrumors newbie

Fabtech

With a USB-C cable, which came with the monitor