HP ScanJet G4010 Scanner Doesn't Work w/ Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HappyDude20, May 21, 2010.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I have the G4010 HP ScanJet scanner but am having trouble getting it to work with Snow Leopard; or my Macbook Pro in general.

Before SL when it came out I would use it with ease, but now, taking this scanner out of the closet and attempting to get it to work with my Mac is troublesome.

I've search Mroogle but all valid responses are dated before SL's release last year.

Hopefully someone here can guide me in the right direction.

Currently, when I connect the scanner to my mac and hit the Scan PDF button it'll go ahead and scan and even ask if there are more papers needed to be scanned in the same document but towards the end when the scanning is ending the app (HP scanpro) on my mac just closes. I believe this is where SL's incompatibility may come in.

Any help is really appreciated. I'm taking my MBP and huge scanner with me to my hotel as I really need to figure this out. I'll research a solution myself when I get to the hotel and post it here just in case any other poor soul happens to come across the same situation in the future...but any help from the community i'll truly appreciate.

Thanks! :D:apple::D

2. katyoshi macrumors 6502

You may need to get an SD card to insert into the HP printer. I have same issues with my HP C4680. It's a widely known incompatibility issue with the current version of snow leopard. :rolleyes: