HP Scanner doesn't work with Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zbrown00, Sep 3, 2009.

1. zbrown00 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I updated to Snow Leopard. I have an HP 6310 All-In-One. The scanner portion worked fine prior to the update, now an "Unknown Error" constantly occurs preventing me from scanning documents. Image Capture doesn't even recognize there is a scanner available. I have downloaded the most recent driver from HP, (2007), but it still does not work. Will I have to wait for HP to build a new driver specifically for Leopard?

Thanks for the help.

2. Sleepy Dog macrumors member

The HP software that you installed for your 6310 no longer works in SL because Apple have included the printer and scanner drivers in SL.

Full details are on the HP website:-

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&dlc=en&cc=us&product=1119598&os=219&lang=en

3. Gabebr macrumors newbie

hey man, i had the same problem... and what i did was i used the Leopard DVD and installed the old drives over the new Snow Leopard ones and it worked just fine!

4. sputacus macrumors regular

I had the same problem, but discovered as Sleepy Dog posted early, the all-in-one HP printers / scanners are fully supported by SL by using "Preview." You shouldn't have to reload anything.

5. ShariW macrumors newbie

I'm not very computer savvy and wonder if you could explain what you mean please. Thank you. The copier and the printer both work, but not the scanner. :eek:

6. eiichi macrumors newbie

I had the same problem and have fixed this morning!
    Try the following steps below:

(Preparation)
    1. Insert "MAC OS X Install DVD"
    2. Open "Optional Installs" folder
    3. Double-click "Optional Installs.mpkg"
    4. Yada, yada, yada...
    5. On the "Installation Type" step, check the "Printer Support" box
    6. Click "Next" (or "Proceed" or something like that), and you'll be guided through the rest of the steps.

(Setting up HP 6310)
    1. Open "System Preferences" of OS X
    2. Click "Print & Fax" icon
    3. Set your 6310 in an usual way.

I hope this will help:)

7. eiichi macrumors newbie

7. Get a cup of coffee. It may take 10 min. or more.

8. errysco macrumors newbie

errysco

I had the problem with 6310/snow leopard and solved the scanning problem by going into apple system preferences, selecting "print & fax. Select scan and it works adequately. less controls but at least it scans.

9. rfrankl macrumors 6502

I know this thread is a little old, but I have finally gotten around to needing my scanner on my HP 3050 all in one. When I open Print & Fax, I see no Scan option anywhere? Anybody?

10. errysco macrumors newbie

errysco

For the 6310 when I open print fax it shows my default printer as adobe pdf. click on the "printer" icon and the scanner option shows. HOWEVER, I do not know if the 3050 is the same.

11. JDL51 macrumors newbie