HP Service Woes-Glad I bought a MBP!

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by jbachandouris, May 10, 2011.

1. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I gave my wife my HP PC laptop when I bought this MBP. The HP started having issues where it wouldn't see its DVD burner. Changing it for another solved nothing as the main board was fried.

I sent it in for warranty repair (3 year extended warranty) and mentioned the fan may be bad. They had it for 13 days while they waited for a main board (which I expected-parts for 3 year old machines usually need to be ordered). They changed the board, but never even tested it! I powered it on, blue screen. I booted into safe mode, then regular mode and it worked-for about 5-10 minutes. It then shut down due to, you guessed it, OVERHEATING! My temperature monitoring program had both cores running at over 100 degrees celcuis.

Of course, my case manager, is already gone for the day. In case you didn't realize, the ONLY way to get anywhere with HP is to email their Executive Office. They usually call back within 24 hours (from Canada). The rub is that procedure is to send it back to the 'service' center and let them 'try' again. 3 failed attempts and they send you a 'new' laptop.

The wife isn't happy as she isn't converted, YET.

2. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

I love the term "converted". It makes Apple seem very non-cult like... or is it the other way?