HP Slate RIPS OFF Apple Tablet!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iretechguy, Jan 27, 2010.

1. iretechguy macrumors newbie

I was looking at a video of the new HP Slate (basically to see how **** it is...!) and I noticed to my horror that some aspect of it are total rip-offs of Apple iPhone and Mac OS X. For example, the HP Slate has basically got a 'dock' at the bottom of it, which looks almost identical to Apple OSX or iPhone! Also, when you click an internet link, the internet comes up but the back/forward buttons are again almost identical to Apple Safari! Have a look and let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apwIiqIKf84&feature=player_embedded#

Or search YouTube: 'SPECIAL REPORT! The HP Slate'.

I was not impressed at all...

Still, can't wait to see today's Keynote presentation! :D

2. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

How can it rip off something that doesn't yet exist.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Your argument is asinine to to the 10th degree.

You can not rip off something which does not yet exist. Given the security in Apple, I highly doubt HP have seen the device or its specs.

A tablet is a tablet. A 10" screen without a keyboard is going to look similar regardless of whose branding is on it.

What will make Apples different to the others is it's operating system and multi touch functions.

4. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

The dock at the bottom is part of Windows 7...

5. hailst0rm macrumors member

HP have been making tablets for years. I used to have one of their TC1100 tablets back when I was in uni. This isn't anything new.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I can't really see the video because I'm at work but technically you can't say they ripped off the tablet since it hasn't been released. However if they ripped off aspects of iphone OSX and Mac OSX and put it on their tablet then you can say maybe they made an educated guess that Apple would be heading in this direction and decided to implement these. It wouldn't surprise me after they made their Macbook pro clone the envy, and I think they came out with an all in one resembling the iMac or was that Sony? anyways its to be expected with Apples rep for design and aesthetics.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

+1. Crazy thread.

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

It exists, we just don't know about it ;)

HP Slate was on Good Morning America - I guess that it's the best Windows can offer as a tablet - a prototype.

9. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

Even if it does "rip it off" the OS in the Tablet will be different and better

10. marcopolo007uk macrumors member

The release date.... sometime in 2010...

Also know as, lets see what Apple does before we announce anything regarding specs and release date.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. HP and several other companies have been making tablets for years. In fact, I bought a Motion Computing M1400 Tablet PC in 2004. I still have it, but hardly ever use it.

Attached Files:

• p31.jpg
      p31.jpg
      File size:
      22.8 KB
      Views: