Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMaxMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2010
I've bought a HP Smart Tank Plus 570. I've installed the HP Smart for Desktop software from the Apple App Store on my Imac (Catalina). This went swimmingly. However, when i tried to install the same software on my wife's MacBook (Mojave) i got a spinning grey circle. I've tried to install the software multiple times, over the past week, but keep getting this spinning grey circle. According to the App Store the software is compatible with Mojave. Even after performing a clean install, i still got the spinning grey circle. I've also created my own user account on het MacBook, hoping that i could download (since it had worked on my Imac with my Apple ID). Unfortunately, the same outcome, spinning grey circle.

Does anybody know how this can be solved?

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
From reading other threads, I've found "a workaround".
Not "the solution"... but at least something that may work for you.

Do this (must be done in the order presented):
1. Open the App Store, get to the point where you have the spinning gray circle
2. Open Activity Monitor
3. Go to the CPU panel (lists all processes running)
4. Locate the appstoreagent process. Click on it ONE TIME to select it
5. Now, up above, click the "X" to KILL IT
6. You'll see a dialog "Are you sure you want to quit this process?"
7. YES, you do, click force quit
8. The process will be killed (but it will restart again, that's ok).
9. Now wait a few moments and again check the download process. Any better?

If you try this, please come back to this thread and post your results.

iMaxMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2010
Hi Fishrrman, Thanks for your response. It must be my lucky day. While beginning execution of your solution, the app store, this time, was downloading the app without any issue. hence, no spinning grey circle anymore. hence, i have not tried your solution.I did see that the software was updated in the last few days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.