Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
New HP AIO. No optical drive. I won't be surprised if the new iMacs are optical drive free too. Reviewer is wondering why this AIO doesn't include touchscreen. I've never understood why you'd want a touchscreen on a desktop computer or monitor. Doesn't seem very ergonomic to me. What's the benefit? Isn't that what the track pad is for?

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-3118_7...-ready-envy-pavilion-and-spectre-all-in-ones/

HP_Spectre_One_Front_Facing_620x527.jpg

HP_Spectre_One_Back_Facing_620x527.jpg

Gotta give these companies credit, but I still don't think they match the fit and finish that Apple does, not matter how hard they try emulate Apple's aluminum and glass look. :)

Kanunu

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2009
Hawaii
Touch screens

Reviewer is wondering why this AIO doesn't include touchscreen. I've never understood why you'd want a touchscreen on a desktop computer or monitor. Doesn't seem very ergonomic to me. What's the benefit?
They are really good if you like smudges when you watch videos. A friend of mine had one of the HP AIO machines they made about 5 years ago. She never touched the screen. Also when she bought a big plasma TV she was not pleased to find out that HP had felt no need to include external video output. Looks like this machine may be the same. I am not overly keen on AOI but failing HP laptops are why I bought an iMac two years ago.

EPiCDiNGO

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2012
This looks nice but without OS X on it then it will always be inferior to the iMac :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.