HP touchpad with webOS demoed

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ani23, Jun 1, 2011.

1. ani23 macrumors 6502

2. icstars989 macrumors member

Agreed. I really dig WebOS but it seems like they always stick it in junk hardware.

3. jonhcox macrumors regular

I wouldn't worry too much about the lag- I'm sure that it is a demo unit sent to them for the reason of display only. I would be really surprised to see any lag given that WebOS is typically so smooth. My guess is a VERY early build unit simply there to showcase basic features. That said, I'm surprised it is even there. If I'm not mistaken, several key members of the WebOS team left after the HP acquisition, correct? Maybe we are seeing the result of that.

I like WebOS, a lot. I don't own a Palm device because I think the hardware is ****, but the software I have played with is pretty great. If they could really put forth some effort into hardware and unique design, they could be a winner. I own an Android powered cell phone and though it does quite a bit, it always feels slightly unpolished. WebOS is much easier to work with than Android. I would buy one if I could have the build quality of an iPhone 4 with WebOS.